'A day without immigrants.' How did you celebrate?
Today [February 16, 2017] is supposed to be an organized boycott called "a day without immigrants" – "immigrants" being the replacement word for "undocumented immigrants," "undocumented immigrants" being the replacement phrase for "illegal immigrants," and "illegal immigrants" being the replacement phrase for "illegal aliens."...
There are a number of things I don't understand about this boycott.
1) Organizers are calling for a boycott of schools. We, taxpayers, pay for the education of illegal children. If they were to boycott school every day, we would save a lot of money.
2) Are organizers also calling for a boycott of free health care?
3) Will illegal aliens who are drunk drivers stay sober to honor their boycott day?
4) If they aren't working, and they aren't going to school, and they aren't spending money, just what is it they are doing today? If we were to take this "boycott" seriously, millions of illegal aliens would be hiding in their apartments, locking themselves away from society...which might not be such a bad thing. See #3 above.
5) Will illegals who are part of drug cartels force customers to "buy American" during this day?
6) Will automated phone menus allow one to reach an English-speaking person by pressing any number on our phone keypads during this day?
7) Will Telemundo be broadcasting in English today?
8) If "a day without immigrants" is successful, could it be extended another day, and then another day and another day after that?...
Open Borders Activists Throw ‘Day Without Facts and Logic’ - Liberals conflate legal and illegal immigration, push myth of unwelcoming America, by Eddie Zipperer, Polizette, February 17, 2017.
“Day without Immigrants” Showcases America’s Arrogant Lawbreakers, Brenda Walker, Limits to Growth, February 17, 2017.