Who Really Runs the Federal Government?

Article CAIRCO note: 
An expose of the deep state
Article author: 
Who Really Runs the Federal Government?
Article publisher: 
Flash Report
Article date: 
April 19, 2020
Article category: 
Our American Future
Medium
Article Body: 
We go to the polls every four years to elect a president. That president then appoints hundreds of people, many approved by the Senate. Most people think that these are the people we have put in charge for four-to-eight years; we then decide which team we want for the next four-to-eight years. Unfortunately, they are not the people who run the government and there is very little discussion about who does: The Senior Executive Service (SES).
 
The SES (established in 1978) falls under the auspices of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM). They state on their website: “The SES was established to ensure that the executive management of the Government of the United States is responsive to the needs, policies, and goals of the Nation and otherwise is of the highest quality.” They go on to say “These leaders possess well-honed executive skills and share a broad perspective on government and a public service commitment that is grounded in the Constitution.” That is their take....
 
The government has a system of ranking positions. The highest is a GS-15. The SES positions are above those. These are lifetime appointments. The SES are not members of government unions. These people are just below the presidential appointees in all effected departments.
 
Only 10% of these people can be political appointees. The other 90% are career government employees...
 
In 2016, there were about 7,000 employees at this classification. Of those, 68% were appointed during Obama administration. We don’t know what their governmental philosophies are or that of the other 32% from prior administrations, but we know they cannot be fired....

... there is virtually no coverage of these people by the media....

It is reasonable to assume that the SES — which are career government employees — are largely in favor of big government, believe government will eventually solve the problems and vote for Democrats....

There are about 4,000 presidential appointments of which about 1,200 need U.S. Senate confirmation...