What You Can Do
When confronted with the onslaught of mass immigration, it is easy to become upset with our elected public servants and the corporate funders they are indebted to. Yet as Margaret Mead said,
Those supporting immigration sanity have had some astounding wins - such as the resounding defeat of the 2006 McCain Kennedy amnesty bill. At the local level in Colorado, a number of very good immigration laws have been passed (see Colorado immigration legislation). We worked to defeat a tuition bill for illegal aliens again in 2012.
What can you do, specifically?
Stay informed! Sign up for CAIRCO email alerts. This will help you stay in the loop on Colorado immigration issues. Also keep current on national immigration news on the following sites:
American Patrol - daily news digest - local / national / international
FAIR - information and updates
NumbersUSA - send faxes on immigration
Center for Immigration Studies - excellent research articles
The Social Contract - journal articles (including articles by CAIRCO's Fred Elbel)
- Consider sending CAIRCO a small donation. Every penny helps cover expenses such as email alerts, website, etc. (We don't have a staff and don't pay salaries).
- CAIRCO has undertaken many special immigration projects. If you have a special project in mind that you can help with, let us know.
- Write a letter to the editor. The mainstream media is generally aligned with the open borders mob, but they do like to publish both sides of an issue - controversy sells.
- Similarly, a good op-ed will be very helpful.
- Call in to radio talk shows. It's easy to do - just write down a few talking points that you can refer to. CAIRCO representatives have gotten quite a bit of coverage on-air.
- Be sure to sign up to send free immigration faxes at NumbersUSA. They are very effective at the national level.
- Contact your contact Colorado state legislators in your district, city, and county. This is especially on important bills we notify you about. Indeed, it is quite effective to call or write them on the immigration issue in general.
- Contact your US Senators and Representative from Colorado.
- Here is how you can follow current Colorado bills and legislation.
- Vote. Engage in the political process. Help a candidate who is strong on enforcing immigration laws.
- Do you have special skills, such as media, public speaking, organizational skills, writing, legal, or computer? You could volunteer some time and effort to help immigration sanity in Colorado.
Also see our information on how to report illegal aliens, tax fraud, and social security fraud.
Thank you for helping our efforts to enforce immigration laws in Colorado (see our immigration positions and objectives).